Point of Sales Related
Point of Sale Display | Point of Sale Merchandise
A type of sales promotion in which items are presented near, next to, or in the purchase area of a transaction is known as Point of Sale Display (POS).
Point-of-sale display products generate concern about a product on an offer or help motivate the users to make a decision about a purchase. Careful use of items of merchandise will lead to an increase in sales. Merchandising involves branding and logos presentation and focusing on prices, new products, and product features. The intelligent merchants concentrate on areas where they want to boost their sales, not on items that are already moving fast.
If you want to get started, let us give you few tips that will help you. These tips are as follows:
- Keep slow-moving lines with high-speed lines to increase exposure.
- Sometimes simply presenting the front of the product in a simple and organized order makes them more attractive. Stock control systems and Shelf management do this job in a reasonable manner.
- More than one facing of a single product will give it more presence and attention.
- Retail display solutions range from good feeding ticketing to the use of dump bins to stock feeding to the front of the shelf.
All these are essential parts of a great retail display. Whether it’s a display of gumboots, giftware, or fruits, the rules are the same; an excellent retail display will result in increased sales.
POS display includes many forms like:
- Shelf talkers
- Floor displays
- Counter displays
Items on the point of sale merchandise:
Although you can put any product on the point of sale display, the appearance of convenience goods is an effective option. For instance,
- Soft drinks
- Chewing gum
- Chocolate bars and candy
- Lighters and tobacco
- Magazines and comics
- Novelty products
- Bulk sold items
Reasons behind the Point of Sale Displays:
POS merchandising gives a chance to a company to emphasize some specific product, move items that are overstocked, items on discounted prices, and show the seasonal products to remind consumers that they should purchase a particular item because the weather has changed.
Point of sales Displays are important to provoke problem recognition response (what marketers call) among customers. The items on the POS display are usually not the consumer’s absolute priority. Point of Sale Displays gives a visual display of goods and help customers understand that they require a specific item to deal with some problem. Point of sale displays attract customers’ attention and create impulse buying.
For instance, consider a truck driver who stops at a gas station to refill his tank. He walks around the store to put $ 50 at his pump station and finds a point-of-sale display when he’s shopping. At one point, he saw a packet of gum on a POS display, which provoked a problem recognition response – does my breath stink? Quickly, he decided to purchase that packet of gum.
How to create a consistent impact on sales with a point-of-sale display?
If you want to improve point of sale displays for increasing sales, then consider the following ways:
- Ensure that the items on the point of sale display are affordable products.
- Make sure that items of POS Display should be located pathway towards the cashier.
- Ensure that point of sale displays are visually impaired. Increase visibility by using different colors. And make sure they are creative and grabs the consumer’s attention with your custom POS Display.
- If you are a non-commercial company, then you can ask for donations to your office for a specific purpose. The sign used for this purpose should be so compelling that a person should take money out of his wallet.
- Include promotions and urge customers to benefit from the deals such as “Buy one, get one free” deals are very effective in boosting sales at POS.